Petrelli Previtera International Divorce Attorney Philadelphia
- Published date: December 15, 2020
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States 19103 [ #408 Ad Views - 16 ]
Divorce isn't easy, but for couples moving through an international divorce, the process is even more complicated. Petrelli Previtera International Divorce Attorney Philadelphia helps the team in divorce-related issues.
The Laws regarding divorce, property division, child custody, and support in the USA aren't the same as the laws in other countries, making these divorces difficult.
You will need an attorney familiar with global divorce if any of these apply:
- You married in another country
- One or both of you live abroad
- You have a property in another country
- There's the prospect of global child custody problems
Who has jurisdiction in my divorce?
Often, more than one Country has jurisdiction within a global divorce case. Various countries, however, have quite different legislation and divorce procedures. For this reason, it's paramount for you to discuss your situation with a Petrelli Previtera international divorce lawyer as soon in the process as possible. Your lawyer will consider all likely jurisdictions for your case and help you choose which is most appropriate for you.
Choose the Right Divorce Attorney Philadelphia
Choosing the right Authority for your divorce can help determine the results of your case. Many individuals confronting an international divorce find the laws in America allow them to reach a fair settlement with their former partner. For many others, however, filing for divorce in a different country is advantageous.
Unfortunately, you may need to make this decision quickly. If your partner disagrees with the jurisdiction you pick, they can file in his or her preferred jurisdiction. Whichever party files first determine which court oversees the proceedings.
What are some of the exceptional challenges of an international divorce?
Due to the differing laws From 1 country to another, international divorces have some very unique challenges. These generally include:
- Property division, mainly when one person lives overseas or the property is in another country (e.g., certain countries have stringent privacy laws that can make it impossible to locate property)
- Relocation of children across country borders
- Child custody issues involving multiple authorities
- Enforcement of court orders, including parenting plans, spousal support, and land division
Another challenge of a few International divorces lies in proving the validity of a divorce finalized on foreign land. In some countries, laws may dictate that you're still married or the orders issued in your divorce aren't valid.
How can I protect my kid in an international divorce?
Filing for divorce in the United States provides several protections to your child.
- Requiring the consent of the parents before granting a passport for a child
- Requiring court approval before either parent takes the child to another nation
- Preventing the permanent relocation of their child to a different nation
- Protecting visitation rights and ensuring the kid lives close enough to follow the parenting strategy
If You're afraid, your former Spouse will take your children out of the country, would love to move back to Your home country while keeping joint custody, or have other child custody Concerns, enlist the support of a global family law attorney.
Contact Our Divorce Attorneys for Assistance
Since the 1970s, the international community has made efforts to ease the process of divorce and enforcing court orders on property division, child custody, and child support around boundaries. More than 75 nations are members of their Hague Conference on Private International Law, which comprises several divorce-related conventions, such as:
- Way on the Recognition of Divorces and Legal Separations
- Convention on the Law Applicable to Matrimonial Property Regimes
- Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Convention on the International Recovery of Child Support and Other Forms of Family Maintenance
Not all member countries ratified all of these conventions, but They are still applicable in certain conditions. The Hague Convention of the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction is beneficial. It is often called on in cases where a parent takes a child to a different country without consent.
The lawyers at Petrelli Previtera, LLC has successfully handled many international divorce cases. We'll help you figure out the ideal jurisdiction for your divorce and represent you throughout the procedure. Our knowledge of family law in different countries will help us exercise your legal rights to your house and kids.
If You're a New Jersey or Pennsylvania resident involved in a global Divorce or are considering one, contact us now at 215-515-0827.
Petrelli Previtera Divorce Family Law Firm
Address - 1845 Walnut Street 19th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19103
Contact - 215-515-0827
Law Firm and Lawyers Reviews
Some Important Points Regarding Lawyers Firm USA
- Lawyers Firm USA provides the useful information about the law firm operating in the major states of the USA.
- It provides close to accurate information about the law firms. You can also verify the information at your end.
- If some of the information about the law business found incorrect, you can consult us via our contact page or give suggestion to correct the law firm details.
- Law Firms in the USA can advertise with our directory firm by visiting the contact us page and fill the necessary form. You can also mail us at email@example.com
- The listed law firms are well reputed and have a social presence at every platform. We list the firms after verifying them at every portal.
- You can take the COVID safety precautions before visiting any of the law firm listed at Lawyers Firm USA portal.